Kongsberg Maritime upgrades simulators
The engine room at the School of Stimulation & Senior Marine at South Tyneside College will be upgraded
Kongsberg Maritime has been chosen to supply a set of upgraded navigation, engine room and Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) simulator hardware and software to the School of Stimulation & Senior Marine at South Tyneside College.
The project, which will be carried out over the summer, will include installation of Kongsberg Maritime’s simulation systems in the School of Simulation & Senior Marine.
Paul Hodgson, technical and projects manager, School of Marine Simulation and Senior Marine, South Tyneside College, said: “The new equipment will all have the very latest Kongsberg software installed. The old style radar displays, joystick unit, bridge and engine consoles, communication devices, projectors etc will all be replaced with modern equivalents. The real power of the simulators is in the realism generated by the careful matching of software and hardware. Our upgraded simulator facilities will provide this realism, to ensure students receive high quality training across our wide range of courses.”
The project will feature an upgrade of the School of Stimulation & Senior Marine’s full mission engine room simulato. The school's engine room simulator will include new local operating stations which will enable different engine types to use the same hardware. As well as this, touch screen technology will be installed for Kongsberg Maritime’s new interactive virtual engine room applications.
The upgrade will allow the college to provide its students with enhanced industry training.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Kongsberg efficiency for LNG newbuild
- LNG regasification control system agreement
- Kongsberg launches system integration solution
- Extensive control system refit
- Kongsberg develops green ship engine room simulator
- Automation system supports Green Ship portfolio
- New Kongsberg sensor factory in China
- RAN awards ship bridge simulator contract to Kongsberg
- Fuel saver added to engine automation system
- Norway's AISSat-1 satellite starts mission
- Looking forward to the future of bridge operation
- Engine room simulator upgrade for Norwegian maritime school
- First K-Chief 600 equipped ship delivered
- More success for propulsion control system
- System suppresses superfluous alarms
- Bid for trouble-free availability
- More efficient rudders for DP applications
- CCTV system aids LNG carrier surveillance
- New PSV bridge trials completed
- Simulator for dual-fuel d-e LNG ships
- DNV approval for engineroom simulators
- Bridge simulator ordered by Danish Navy
- New executive vice president for Kongsberg Maritime subsea division
- Integrated control – the ‘whole ship’ system
- Kongsberg Evotec gets into cranes
- Kongsberg Maritime upgrades simulators
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Kongsberg Maritime to provide Dutch simulator upgrades
- Multi-role accommodation ship features increased stability
- Two new diesel electric offshore training aids
- Position and economy?
- Class approval for DP simulator
- Fire statistics are good, but flooding still an issue
- Kongsberg simulator for NZ institute
- Kongsberg technology chosen by Asia
- Kongsberg equips DBB jack-up vessel
- Kongsberg hydroacoustics for Norwegian polar vessel
- A new age of polar research
- Approval for engine room simulators