Large FPSO is named in Singapore
One of Vietnam's largest FPSO vessels has been named at Keppel Shipyard by EMAS Production, on behalf of owner PV Keez.
FPSO Lewek EMAS is on track for delivery in the second quarter of 2011, and is expected to begin production in July. The project to convert the 168,000dwt Suezmax tanker into an FPSO was awarded to Keppel Shipyard in December 2009. The Lewek EMAS will be managed and operated by EMAS Production, and has been chartered by Premier Oil Vietnam Offshore for the development of the Chim Sáo field off southern Vietnam for six years, with an option to extend the charter by another six years.
Speaking at the vessel's naming ceremony, Lionel Lee, group managing director of EMAS said, "Lewek EMAS is our second FPSO project with Keppel Shipyard with whom we have established a win-win partnership. This FPSO underscores EMAS' ability to deliver a diverse range of customised marine and offshore support solutions, from design and engineering to maintenance and offshore installation. The addition of Lewek EMAS to our fleet propels EMAS Production to be one of Asia's leading FPSO operators."
Nelson Yeo, managing director of Keppel Shipyard said, "Keppel Shipyard is pleased to support the conversion of Lewek EMAS. We provided a broad spectrum of FPSO conversion services on this project, including the engineering and fabrication of topsides modules. In spite of the tight schedule, the project teams for this conversion have worked hard to upkeep the highest standards of quality and safety of our people and workplace. The successful conversion of Lewek EMAS further enhances Keppel as the choice provider of reliable and value-added services."
A joint venture between Ezra Holdings, PetroVietnam Transportation Corporation, EOC and KSI Production, PV Keez is the first overseas company to secure an offshore Vietnam loan in order to finance the FPSO's conversion.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Wärtsilä enlists shipyards to ease BWMS retrofits
- Keppel secures FPSO and cable layer work
- Keppel awarded three projects
- Keppel clinches three more contracts
- 2006 was a good year for Keppel
- Keppel wins two-tug order
- Keppel Shipyard sells stake in Keppel Philippines
- Nakilat and Keppel to build shipyard
- Keppel delivers platform supply geotechnical vessel
- Keppel to modify FPSO OSX-1
- Keppel secures contracts worth $101 million
- Delivery of Floatel’s second unit
- Singapore built semisub rig named
- Large FPSO is named in Singapore
- New FPSO contracts for Keppel
- Techcross and Keppel jointly attack BWMS retrofit market
- Two FPSO conversions for Keppel Shipyard
- Keppel wins S$368m in new contracts
- Keppel Shipyard FLNG contract confirmed
- Breaking into new markets
- Rolls-Royce gas engines for FLNGV
- LNG cargo vessel conversion