SKF to open marine service centres
The main SKF factory in Sweden (photo: SKF)
SKF says it is further strengthening its commitment to the marine industry with the establishment of a marine-focused network of specialised technology and service centres to providing a range of marine solutions.
The first SKF marine industry service centre will open in January 2012, near Rotterdam. This Centre will be the hub of SKF global marine services, and plans call for additional marine centres to be established in Asia and Latin America.
“The SKF marine industry service centre near the port of Rotterdam is a major step forward for SKF, as an increasingly important player in the marine industry,” comments Gerald Rolfe, SKF executive business manager, marine. “The SKF marine industry service centre incorporates a team of more than 30 highly experienced marine engineers, and is connected to the worldwide network of local SKF sales and service units.”
The centre will provide a range of services and products for the marine industry and will accommodate facilities for training and certification related to the marine industry. According to SKF global marine segment manager David L.H. Johansson, SKF has developed a range of solutions that improve availability and cut operating costs across the marine market: “Our expertise applies to machinery systems on a range of ship types, from oil and gas fleets and pipelay vessels, large container carriers and cruise ships, to highly specialised research vessels and workboats. Whether a business is involved in designing, building, sailing or maintaining a vessel, SKF can help improve profitability in a multitude of ways.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- SKF warning over counterfeit bearings
- GL and SKF develop machinery condition monitoring software
- SKF to open marine service centres
- Condition monitoring for thrusters
- Faster assembly for shrink fit components
- SKF kit to cut maintenance costs
- B+V components business goes to SKF
- New generation of sealing rings
- SKF to launch cryogenic bearing
- Sealing options for meeting VGP grow
- SKF Blohm + Voss launches at SMM
- SKF strikes Floatel service deal