Sungdong enters big-time with containership orders
Sungdong Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (SSME) recently received an order for six containerships at a total value of 650 billion won ($582.9 million) with the first delivery scheduled by the end of 2012.
By winning such a substantial order, the medium-sized shipbuilding company SSME succeeded in entering the market for large containerships which has been dominated by the world’s largest shipbuilders.Four of the orders were placed by the Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC), a Swiss-based company, while the remaining two came from Costamare Shipping of Greece. The 9,000 TEU newbuildings measure 300m in length, 48.2m in width and have a service speed of 22 knots.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Danaos adds another boxship
- Danaos adds two more boxships
- Sungdong enters big-time with containership orders
- Greek owner orders five newbuild boxships
- Sungdong inks Zodiac boxship quartet
- Maersk orders new MR vessels
- More tankers for Maersk