Sungdong inks Zodiac boxship quartet
22 Jun 2011
South Korean shipbuilder Sungdong Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering has received an order from UK-based Zodiac Maritime to build four 3,600 TEU containerships for delivery in 2013.
The company has not revealed the value of the order but, according to industry estimates, each of the vessels could cost between $48m to $51m. The final contract follows a basic agreement between the South Korean shipyard and Zodiac Maritime that was signed earlier this year in April.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Danaos adds another boxship
- Danaos adds two more boxships
- Sungdong enters big-time with containership orders
- Greek owner orders five newbuild boxships
- Sungdong inks Zodiac boxship quartet
- Maersk orders new MR vessels
- More tankers for Maersk