Tidewater acquires STX OSV contracts
Artist impression of the STX 09 offshore support vessel
US marine support company, Tidewater Inc has acquired contracts for three Platform Supply Vessels (PSVs) under construction at STX OSV Holdings’ shipyard in Norway.
The contracts for the design and construction of the three vessels for STX Pan Ocean Co Ltd were originally secured by STX OSV in 2010. Tidewater has now entered into an assignment agreements with STX Pan Ocean.
Roy Rite, chief executive officer and executive director, STX OSV, said: “STX OSV has in the past delivered ten offshore vessels to Tidewater. We are delighted to welcome Tidewater back to us as a client, and we look forward to cooperating with their team again.”
The vessels, which measure 87.9m, are of STX OSV PSV 09 design. The hulls have been built at its Tulcea shipyard in Romania and have been developed by STX OSV Design in Ålesund, Norway.
STX OSV Søviknes and STX OSV Aukra will deliver the vessels. The first is expected to be delivered to Tidewater during the first quarter of 2013. The next two vessels are scheduled for delivery in the second and third quarters of 2013.
Tidewater, which has a global footprint, deploys over 90% of its fleet internationally in more than 60 countries.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- STX to build bulkers for Turkish owner
- MISC names new chemical tanker
- Korea in partnership with UAE
- China shipbuilders gear up for LNG carrier orders
- STX and USC to build a new shipyard
- Noble goes for second Globetrotter
- STX linked to big container order
- STX order confirmed
- STX signs boxship deal with India
- STX Finland and USC in arctic shipbuilding jv
- Russian LNG order for STX
- STX wins new orders from Russia and Europe
- Cargotec secures ro-ro equipment orders
- Tidewater acquires STX OSV contracts
- New year launches for Sovcomflot
- STX lays keel for LNG carrier
- Teekay orders four LR2 product tankers from STX
- MAN G-types for Teekay
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Vard reorganises Romanian operations
- STX secures US$578m contract
- Balpure BWMS for STX newbuilds