Natural gas R&D partnership
Eni has signed a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Fincantieri establishing a research and development partnership which will include energy project studies related to natural gas.
The agreement covers a wide range of potential partnerships including the study of initiatives related to the natural gas transport chain, LNG and the exploitation of gas resources.
This partnership aims to develop projects regarding floating platforms for offshore production and the evaluation of energy projects with a low environmental impact.
Fincantieri intends to use the agreement to leverage collaborative technologies with Eni both in Italy and abroad.
The MoU is part of Eni's strategy to tackle climate change, promote sustainable development and support the use of gas for transport.
It strengthens Eni's collaboration with the Italian excellences and underlines the company’s commitment to minimise CO2 emissions, particularly in the naval sector.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Wärtsilä power for Virgin Voyages fleet
- Cruise ship industrial park for Shanghai
- Natural gas R&D partnership
- Fincantieri dry docks work
- Fincantieri to build Viking pair
- Fincantieri to supply UAE navy with stealth vessels
- Carnival finalises contracts for two new Princess cruiseships
- New flagship for Holland America Line
- 'Le Boreal', designed for mega-yacht cruising comfort
- Monfalcone delivers the new Queen
- A new queen joins Cunard
- Fincantieri sets up UAE jv
- ‘Le Boreal’ - the quintessence of luxury cruising
- A new Queen joins Cunard
- New flagship for P&O Cruises
- LCS contract awarded to Lockheed Martin
- First plate cut for new cruise ship
- P&O Cruise order for Fincantieri
- Carnival orders new Aida and Costa ships
- Largest Italian cruise ship enters service
- HLKF reveals Italian cruise ship facelift
- Carnival two-ship order goes to Fincantieri
- Fincantieri picks up more cruise orders
- Fincantieri to acquire STX OSV
- STX OSV turns down Fincantieri bid
- STX sale goes through; company renamed Vard
- Viking cruise ships feature MAN power and PureSOx scrubbers
- Fincantieri looks to academia for energy savings
- MAN engines for Carnival Cruises
- Seabourn order confirmed at Fincantieri
- Damen, Fincantieri bid for Montenegro’s Bijela shipyard
- Fincantieri’s third 'Royal' for Princess
- Carnival carves up nine newbuild orders
- Kongsberg hydroacoustics for Norwegian polar vessel
- A new age of polar research
- International yards target BC Ferries conversions
- Princess Cruises builds for China
- Fincantieri cruise build