New executive vice president for Kongsberg Maritime subsea division
Bjørn Jalving has been appointed as executive vice president of Kongsberg Maritime’s Subsea division and a member of the Kongsberg Maritime management group, effective 1st January 2012.
Jalving succeeds Rolf Arne Klepaker, who is moving to a role working with strategic projects in Kongsberg Maritime. Jalving started in Kongsberg Maritime in 2006 as senior principal engineer in the AUV (autonomous underwater vehicle) department. Since 2007, he has been vice president for HUGIN AUV activity and part of the subsea management group. He has an MSc in engineering cybernetics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim and for 14 years has worked as a scientist at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, FFI. His main research areas were inertial navigation and control and mission management systems for AUVs.
Klepaker started his career in Kongsberg Maritime in 1975 and until 1990 focused on roles within R&D. Since 1990 he has held various management positions within the subsea division and has been one of the driving forces in building it into a successful Kongsberg Maritime division.
“I am very pleased that Bjørn has accepted to take over the helm of the subsea division. His deep knowledge of cybernetics and subsea technology in general, in addition to his personality and leadership skills will support the subsea division and Kongsberg Maritime going forward. We are also fortunate to be keeping Rolf Arne’s vast experience and competence as his role changes to undertaking strategic projects for Kongsberg Maritime,” says Geir Håøy, president, Kongsberg Maritime.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Kongsberg efficiency for LNG newbuild
- LNG regasification control system agreement
- Kongsberg launches system integration solution
- Extensive control system refit
- Kongsberg develops green ship engine room simulator
- Automation system supports Green Ship portfolio
- New Kongsberg sensor factory in China
- RAN awards ship bridge simulator contract to Kongsberg
- Fuel saver added to engine automation system
- Norway's AISSat-1 satellite starts mission
- Looking forward to the future of bridge operation
- Engine room simulator upgrade for Norwegian maritime school
- First K-Chief 600 equipped ship delivered
- More success for propulsion control system
- System suppresses superfluous alarms
- Bid for trouble-free availability
- More efficient rudders for DP applications
- CCTV system aids LNG carrier surveillance
- New PSV bridge trials completed
- Simulator for dual-fuel d-e LNG ships
- DNV approval for engineroom simulators
- Bridge simulator ordered by Danish Navy
- New executive vice president for Kongsberg Maritime subsea division
- Integrated control – the ‘whole ship’ system
- Kongsberg Evotec gets into cranes
- Kongsberg Maritime upgrades simulators
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Kongsberg Maritime to provide Dutch simulator upgrades
- Multi-role accommodation ship features increased stability
- Two new diesel electric offshore training aids
- Position and economy?
- Class approval for DP simulator
- Fire statistics are good, but flooding still an issue
- Kongsberg simulator for NZ institute
- Kongsberg technology chosen by Asia
- Kongsberg equips DBB jack-up vessel
- Kongsberg hydroacoustics for Norwegian polar vessel
- A new age of polar research
- Approval for engine room simulators