Gibdock con-ro repair job
'MN Tangara' was docked at Gibdock for a tight turnaround programme of works
Gibdock, the Gibraltar-based shiprepair facility, has carried out an extensive package of work on a 12,049dwt, 160m con-ro container ship to a very tight time scale.
Owned by Compagnie Maritime Nantaise (CMN), the 2013-built, French flagged MN Tangara was docked at Gibdock for a 12-day programme of works, with no scope for delay in redelivery.
Filip Tsankov, ship repair manager, said: “CMN told us the date for departure was crucial, as there was no spare time in the ship’s schedule. We were able to finish a significant quantity of work, carrying out multiple tasks in parallel with each other, to ensure that MN Tangara left Gibraltar exactly on time and to the client’s satisfaction.”
During its time in Gibdock, the vessel required an extensive amount of painting, extending over most areas of the vessel, including the hull, superstructure, funnel, crane and free-fall davits. In total, a surface area of 12,300m2 was painted by Gibdock’s repair teams over an 11-day period.
Propulsion works were performed simultaneously with hull painting whereby the 18 electric motor rotors were overhauled and rebalanced while the vessel was in dock.
The scope of work further included the renewal of stern tube seals by in-situ bonding, the overhaul of sea and overboard valves, repairs to piping and system valves, the renewal of pipe insulation materials and safety valve testing.
In addition, Gibdock’s experienced shiprepair team overhauled most of the car deck ventilation fans, cleaned and inspected four electrical generators and undertook various electrical repairs.
This was the first time that MN Tangara had visited the yard and only the second occasion that CMN had used Gibdock’s drydock services.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Gibdock con-ro repair job
- Offshore business booms for Gibdock
- Gibdock secures Greek owner business
- Robot cuts Gibdock schedule
- Gibraltar dockyard changes name again
- Cammell Laird clarity
- Gibdock completes PSV upgrade
- Fickle future for shiprepair industry says Gibdock CEO
- More conversion work at Gibdock
- Gibdock has ‘Spirit’ for cruise ship work
- New offshore client for Gibdock
- Gibdock pulls out the stops on repair project
- Back-to-back cruise dockings for Gibdock
- Semi-sub project completed in Gibraltar
- Crane repair for German boxship
- Gibdock gets seismic
- Gibdock Technip overhaul
- Gibdock continues offshore support ship dockings
- Saga Cruises returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock Greek repair job
- Gibdock dredger repair
- Three Greek tankers docked at Gibdock
- Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
- Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
- Solstad returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock expands in German market
- Gibdock in Norbulk exhaust scrubber project