Alewijnse Marine outfitting self-discharging carriers
The 5,700 DWAT Furuvik is already in operation
Dutch system integrator Alewijnse Marine is undertaking the electrical outfitting of two new self-discharging cement carriers for Eureka Shipping.
The 5,700 DWAT Furuvik has already been delivered and is beginning operations along the Finnish coast.
Furuvik’s sister vessel, the 7,700 DWAT Cymbidium, is currently in build. When completed in October she will be deployed in Mediterranean waters.
The contract was awarded to Alewijnse by Royal Bodewes yard in Hoogezand, the Netherlands.
The electrical works on the carriers are similar, however, Alewijnse’s operations manager, Martin Terpstra, explained: "The difference in the e-installation on board Cymbidium is largely due to a different board voltage - 440VAC-60Hz instead of 400VAC-50Hz, which requires the installation of additional lighting transformers, and a larger cement installation.”
Fuel consumption and accompanying emissions are around 20% lower than on comparable ships, said Alewijnse.
Unlike other cement carriers the same size all the equipment required for both pneumatic and mechanical unloading is installed on board both the vessels.
Both vessels feature a sharp cross bow, streamlined hull and integrated power on board.
The contract with Royal Bodewes yard covers all onboard electrical systems such as the bow thruster motor, shaft generator and main switchboard. It also includes the systems managing the continuous parallel operation and load sharing between the generators.
Royal Bodewes and Alewijnse are currently completing the outfitting of a series of ten Eco-traders for Arklow Shipping and on NB 803 Coralius, a LNG flex tanker.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Alewijnse Marine outfitting self-discharging carriers
- Alewijnse wins Belgian refit contract
- E3 tug receives award
- Dutch consortium developing hydrogen boat
- Alewijnse electric drives for OSVs
- Pipe-layer conversion for Brazil contract
- Record pilot vessel contract for Dutch supplier
- Jack-up conversion gets underway
- Dutch yard orders complete bridge system
- Bridge systems look forward to new mandates
- Alewijnse achieves fast timescale for electrical repair
- Alewijnse electrics for Damen cable layer
- Damen refit for seismic vessel
- Electrical upgrades for wind ship
- Alewijnse secures another Asian order
- Cable layer electrical system installation
- Alewijnse success at Damen Dunkerque
- Alewijnse completes ‘Marion Dufresne II’ refit
- Alewijnse secures Van Oord service contract