Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
Eimskip is partnering with Royal Arctic Line A/S for the build of three energy-efficient container vessels
Icelandic Eimskip and Greenland-based Royal Arctic Line A/S have ordered three energy-efficient container vessels designed by Deltamarin.
The oil-fuelled vessels, with a MAN 7G60ME-C9.5 engine featuring an EGR bypass, will be built at the Guangzhou Wenchong Shipyard in China.
Markku Miinala, director of sales and marketing at Finnish-owned Deltamarin, said: “We are very proud of this new contract, which further confirms our expertise in cargo ships. The design is based on Deltamarin’s extensive development work for a new generation of energy-efficient and operationally optimised 1,000-3,000 TEU container vessels intended for feeder service.”
According to Deltamarin, the 2,150teu container vessels will measure 180m by 31m and are designed to have a low impact on the environment.
They will comply with IMO NOx TIER III requirements and, due to the built-in scrubber system, sulphur oxide emissions will be minimised.
The company stated that the vessels will consume less fuel per container unit than existing vessels, ensuring lower operating costs.
Capable of sailing in Arctic waters, they will feature an ice class and comply with the newly adopted IMO Polar Code.
Construction will be carried out over an estimated period of eight months.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project