Gibdock secures Greek owner business
Gibdock shipyard in Gibraltar is attracting business from Greek ship owners
Gibraltar shipyard, Gibdock, has attracted the interest of Greek ferry owners, with two recent first time ship visits to the yard.
The first half of the year has seen visits from the Hellas Seaways ro-pax vessel, Nissos Chios, and the Portucalence Shipping Company ferry, Express Santorini, the former undergoing a broad spectrum of scheduled repairs and the latter in for emergency structural renewal.
Richard Beards, managing director of Gibdock, said: “Gibdock takes pride in its reputation for quality work completed to schedule, while the role of Alkis Koukis and the team at our Greek agent, Hellenic Industrial and Marine Agencies, was also vital in securing these projects.”
“It is particularly pleasing to hear from both owners after completion that they see opportunities for further cooperation,” he added.
In addition to Second Special Survey work undertaken in Gibdock’s No.2 dock, the Elefsis Shipyards-built Nissos Chios underwent a scheduled stern ramp removal and renewal, including fabrication, bush replacement and pin overhauls. The 141m length ferry’s bow thruster also needed to be dismantled and removed to the yard’s workshop for blade and seal replacement.
Meanwhile, the Express Santorini project highlighted Gibdock’s flexible approach to owner requests, with a slot found between other scheduled dry dockings for emergency repairs to ballast tank number 19 behind the forepeak tank. The 42-year old, 115.4m length vessel went into No.3 dock, with the timely turnaround requiring 24-hour working patterns, and redelivery accomplished on time, on budget and to class specifications.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Gibdock con-ro repair job
- Offshore business booms for Gibdock
- Gibdock secures Greek owner business
- Robot cuts Gibdock schedule
- Gibraltar dockyard changes name again
- Cammell Laird clarity
- Gibdock completes PSV upgrade
- Fickle future for shiprepair industry says Gibdock CEO
- More conversion work at Gibdock
- Gibdock has ‘Spirit’ for cruise ship work
- New offshore client for Gibdock
- Gibdock pulls out the stops on repair project
- Back-to-back cruise dockings for Gibdock
- Semi-sub project completed in Gibraltar
- Crane repair for German boxship
- Gibdock gets seismic
- Gibdock Technip overhaul
- Gibdock continues offshore support ship dockings
- Saga Cruises returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock Greek repair job
- Gibdock dredger repair
- Three Greek tankers docked at Gibdock
- Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
- Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
- Solstad returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock expands in German market
- Gibdock in Norbulk exhaust scrubber project