Algoma opts for MacGregor self-unloading systems
MacGregor has received a new order for gravity self-unloading systems for two 29,800 dwt bulk carriers from the Yangzijiang shipyard, China.
The vessels will be delivered to Canadian operator Algoma in late 2017 and early 2018 as part of the fleets modernisation programme.
"MacGregor thoroughly discussed Algoma's technical requirements during the pre-contract phase and was able to offer the most efficient solution that best suited the operator's needs," said Mikael Hägglund, sales manager, Selfunloaders.
He continued: "Meeting the tight delivery schedule and the coordinated teamwork with the shipyard was also an important factor in securing the order."
MacGregor will deliver a highly-automated, efficient self-unloading system to each of the new vessels.
The system is designed for a maximum unloading rate of 5,450t/h for stone or iron ore and 4,360t/h for coal. MacGregor will be responsible for the design of the complete self-unloading system.
It includes a discharge boom, full flow gates, conveyor belts, cross conveyors and a c-loop. The new bulkers will join Algoma's fleet of 13 domestic self-unloading vessels operating on the Great Lakes and the St Lawrence Seaway, both have strict environmental legislation.
Mr Hägglund concluded: "MacGregor's gravity self-unloading technology is well-recognised by the industry for being able to provide improved levels of cargo handling efficiency, which in turn delivers a commercially competitive advantage to shipowners.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Software evolution to drive RoRo vessel efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- MacGregor to equip research vessel
- Stena Line maintenance contract renewal
- Algoma opts for MacGregor self-unloading systems
- MacGregor cranes for Volstad
- MacGregor crane for Bourbon
- Cargotec acquires Hatlapa
- MacRack technology for Greece
- Electric winch order
- MacGregor completes Hatlapa acquisition
- MacGregor subsea crane contract
- MacGregor secures “substantial” contract
- MacGregor cranes prove popular
- MacGregor alerts industry to safety
- Hatlapa secures Marco Polo order
- MacGregor equips subsea mining vessel
- UASC enlists MacGregor cargo handling
- MacGregor equipment order for DSME newbuilds
- MacGregor cargo handling for HL newbuilds
- MacGregor deck equipment orders
- Self-unloaders are designed for efficiency