Chinese order for PM shaft generator
The direct drive shaft generator is said to generate electricity efficiently at all main engine speeds and reduce reliance on less efficient auxiliary engines
WE Tech has received an order for two direct-drive permanent magnet (PM) shaft generator packages for two 68,000dwt bulk carriers to be built for Texas-based Vulica Shipping by Jiangsu Hantong Ship Heavy Industry.
Active front-end low harmonic drive technology makes the shaft generator efficient across the full vessel speed range. This feature is particularly prominent during electrical part loads, the normal load for any ship.
In power take out mode, electrical power is generated by the two-stroke main engine instead of the less efficient auxiliary generators. The reduction in operating hours on the auxiliaries leads to significant maintenance savings, WE Tech claims.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Ektank harnesses hybrid power for new tankers
- WE Tech generators for Stena ro-pax ships
- WE Tech expands into Oz
- WE Tech technology ‘game-changer’
- Shaft generators help raise efficiency
- Chinese order for PM shaft generator
- PM shaft generator orders for WE Tech
- WE Tech solution for Wallenius vessels