Freshwater generator can cut power consumption by 70%
Alfa Laval AQUA Blue S-type
Alfa Laval’s new AQUA Blue S-type freshwater generator claims to cut power consumption by almost 70% saving operators both cost and efficiency.
When first introduced in 2008, Alfa Laval’s AQUA freshwater generation technology cut seawater needs and pump-related power consumption in half. This new technology goes one step further, to reduce power consumption to just one-third that of conventional freshwater generators.
“AQUA freshwater generation technology revolutionised energy use in a very well-established application,” said Alex Jönsson, global business manager for Alfa Laval freshwater generators.
“With the AQUA Blue S-type, we further reduce the energy-related costs for ship owners – as well as the installation costs for shipyards.”
The new AQUA Blue S-type uses the same 3-in-1 AQUA plate technology as the original C-type configuration. But it maximises energy efficiency and capacity-to-footprint ratio by making use of the vessel’s existing seawater cooling system pumps.
This effectively shrinks the already small AQUA Blue footprint by up to 15%.
Besides its smaller footprint, the AQUA Blue S-type offers shipyards a considerable amount of new flexibility, including a range of connection alternatives.
Because it makes use of the vessel’s seawater cooling system pumps, it employs a smaller ejector and a smaller, separately installed ejector pump. Likewise, the pipework can be both shorter and smaller in diameter.
In addition, the S-type handles a wider span of pressures, which means the configuration can be adapted to the highest or lowest water level.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Freshwater generator can cut power consumption by 70%
- Alfa Laval AFEM mod saves fuel costs
- Alfa Laval HCO filter approved for validation testing
- PureSOx exhaust cleaning solutions for 12 DFDS ships
- Alfa Laval wins PureDry order
- Marine R&D enters a new era
- Test and training centre opens its doors in Denmark
- Finnlines works to reduce fleet emissions
- MAN solution proves its worth
- Boiler adds energy saving benefits to EGR
- Revamp for popular scrubber system
- Alfa Laval ups the pressure
- Class approval for PureSOx scrubbers
- Alfa Laval and DSME work on LNG solutions
- Alfa Laval installs tenth scrubber for Grimaldi
- MAN approves Alfa Laval for scrubbers
- Alfa Laval equipment for Petrofac vessel
- EGR economiser enhances waste heat recovery
- Alfa Laval provides future fuel options