HPC Water Test Kit
The HPC kit allows mariners can detect the presence of harmful bacteria
Condition monitoring technology expert, Parker Kittiwake, has launched a new HPC Water Test Kit which detects the presence of bacteria and confirms the efficiency of a vessel’s water disinfection system.
The kit allows mariners can detect the presence of harmful bacteria and confirm the efficiency of a vessel’s water disinfection system, by the collection of a single sample and without the need for specific training.
Larry Rumbol, condition monitoring market development manager (Marine), said: “Providing mariners with simple, intuitive tools that don’t require the provision of extensive training is the best way to ensure they have the right information to effectively manage the condition of their vessels.”
Parker Kittiwake’s HPC Water Test Kit enables HPCs to be conducted easily and safely onboard.
The test reveals the number of bacterial colony forming units (CFU) present in the volume of sample tested, which provide an overall indication of the microbiological cleanliness of potable and recreational water systems.
Improper management of water is a long-established route for infectious disease transmission onboard vessels.
Under the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 every ship is required to have a Water Safety Plan (WSP) as well as onboard testing. Signatories – which include nine of the top ten largest registries, and nearly 80 in total – must also facilitate inspections by Port Health Authorities (PHA) of any visiting commercial ship over 500 g.t., and PHAs may detain vessels if testing finds that water is not of an acceptable quality.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- HPC Water Test Kit
- Condition monitoring starter kit
- Another acquisition for Kittiwake
- Business development manager for Kittiwake
- Condition monitoring cut down to size
- Condition monitoring improves offshore vessel thruster reliability
- Establishing true emission levels for ECA compliance
- Future-proofing for fuel systems
- Kittiwake acquires BP's stake in Krystallon
- Kittiwake acquires emissions monitoring company
- Kittiwake Group acquired by Parker Hannifin
- Kittiwake launches marine oil laboratory test service
- Kittiwake opens new office in India
- Kittiwake unveils new bunker sample storage system
- New leader for Kittiwake's US office
- Online monitoring for transparency, compliance and performance
- Payment plan launched for liner sensors
- Performance monitoring rapidly becomes a total solution
- Scrubber manufacturer looks East
- Beating cold corrosion, the downside of fuel-efficient engines
- Parker Kittiwake launches onboard cat fines test
- Testing times – how water in oil assessment can safeguard operational efficiency