MacGregor to equip research vessel
Atair II will conduct hydrographic surveys, wreck search operations and marine environmental monitoring
Finland-headquartered MacGregor will supply oceanographic winches and Triplex deck handling systems to a new research vessel being built by the Fassmer shipyard in Berne, Germany.
The LNG dual-fuel Atair II is under construction for the German Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) and will conduct hydrographic surveys, wreck search operations and marine environmental monitoring in the North Sea and Baltic Sea.
"To develop the most value-adding solution for this state-of-the-art research vessel, MacGregor has worked closely with the shipyard," said Esko Karvonen, vice president of Smart Ocean Technology at MacGregor. "This cooperation not only means that our systems meet the needs of the operator, but ensures its safe and reliable operation.”
The 74m long vessel will have a 200m2 working deck featuring laboratories and an air pollution measurement station.
MacGregor’s equipment is due to be delivered in early 2019.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- MacGregor to equip research vessel
- Stena Line maintenance contract renewal
- Algoma opts for MacGregor self-unloading systems
- MacGregor cranes for Volstad
- MacGregor crane for Bourbon
- Cargotec acquires Hatlapa
- MacRack technology for Greece
- Electric winch order
- MacGregor completes Hatlapa acquisition
- MacGregor subsea crane contract
- MacGregor secures “substantial” contract
- MacGregor cranes prove popular
- MacGregor alerts industry to safety
- Hatlapa secures Marco Polo order
- MacGregor equips subsea mining vessel
- UASC enlists MacGregor cargo handling
- MacGregor equipment order for DSME newbuilds
- MacGregor cargo handling for HL newbuilds
- MacGregor deck equipment orders
- Self-unloaders are designed for efficiency