There are just four days to go until this year’s conference featuring two days of presentations from world renowned experts, a drinks reception, dinner and technical visit.
Take a look at this year’s programme here to see the line up of speakers covering a number of alternative and low flashpoint fuels such as ammonia, hydrogen, ethane, methanol, LNG and more. There will be a focus on zero emissions, with particular emphasis on the transition period and the fuels and propulsion methods which will facilitate it.
Session titles on this year’s programme include:
- Cutting carbon, cutting cost to meet the 2050 deadline: Shipowners tackle emissions reduction
- Future fuel showcase: Hydrogen
- Future fuel showcase: Ammonia
- Powering shipping with alternative fuels
- Legislation vs longevity –uptake of scrubbers, ULSFOs and LNG
- Innovative project showcase
- Future fuel showcase: LNG
- Electrification solutions: Batteries and hybridisation
A panel of shipowners tackling the topic of emissions reduction and discussing their current and future fleet will follow the keynote session and delegates will be invited to join the discussion moderated by the conference chairmen Lars Robert Pedersen, Deputy Secretary General, BIMCO & Reinhard Lüken, CEO, VSM - German Shipbuilding and Ocean Industries Association.
Opening session Shipowner panel:
- Wolfram Guntermann, Director Environmental Management, Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Tom Strang, Senior Vice President, Maritime Affairs, Carnival Corporation & plc
- Oliver Tiedchen, Director of Shipmanagement, Nordic Hamburg Shipmanagement
- Tor Øyvind Ask, Fleet Director, Solvang ASA
- Tomas Aminoff, Senior Consultant, Elomatic & Hideyuki Ando, Senior General Manager, MTI - NYK Group
View the programme here.
The discussions will continue outside of the conference room at the drinks reception sponsored by WIN GD and the conference dinner sponsored by The Motorship 100, the centenary of the magazine which will be celebrated next year. Delegates will enjoy an evening of food and drink, giving them a chance to connect with more of this year’s attendees in a relaxed social setting.
The conference will culminate with a Technical Visit on 21 November. Delegates will be taken to the Becker Marine Systems advanced LNG Hybrid Barge, which is an innovative solution for improving air quality due to marine emissions in Hamburg. The Becker LNG Hybrid Barge produces significantly lower emissions than the diesel engines used to generate power on board cruise ships and has been shown to reduce CO2 emissions by 20% and NOX by 80% with no particulates or sulphur emissions whatsoever.
Join us at this year’s conference for three days of learning, knowledge sharing and networking with over 150 senior commercial marine professionals.
Book your place today! Call the team on +44 1329 825335, email email@example.com or book online here.