Ship owners and operators from across the globe are already signing up to join this year’s event that includes technical presentations from owners, operators and industry stakeholders and panel discussions featuring industry experts on options for compliance with ongoing sulphur regulations. Book now to guarantee you are part of the conversation.
Delegates at this year’s Gas Fuelled Ships Conference will come away with a wealth of knowledge about the predicted use of low flash point fuels as a maritime fuel. A highlight of the programme will be the panel discussions which will bring together industry experts who will share their knowledge, and will give participants the opportunity to get answers to their concerns.
Panel discussions include:
LONG TERM VIABILITY OF LNG
Invited panellists include: Mike Corley, Mercatus Energy, Tom Strang, Carnival Corp, Elena Fernández Ordás, LNG Project Manager, Enagas, Steve Esau, General Manager, SEA\LNG, Martin Wold, DNV GL,
- For how long (if at all) will LNG be a major part of the shipping fuel mix? On what factors will this depend?
- Marine fuel pricing projections (HFO vs MGO vs LNG): Impact on gas uptake and factors affecting pricing (e.g. Qatar crisis, US withdrawal from Paris Agreement)
- What are the signs that the stand-off between ship owners and port terminal operators over LNG investment are ending?
- Is the current period of slow newbuilding affecting the uptake of LNG?
- What role do technology suppliers play in making LNG technology more accessible (e.g. reducing cost of retrofits)?
- Are there indications that the willingness of charterers, passengers and cargo owners to pay more for LNG-fuelled ships is increasing? Do you expect it to increase and when?
- What needs to be done to encourage more operators to use LNG?
BUNKERING INFRASTRUCTURE PANEL DISCUSSION
Invited panellists include: Bogdan Oldakowski, Secretary General, Baltic Ports Organization, Bogdan Oldakowski, Secretary General, Baltic Ports Organization, James Seow, Senior Manager (Marine Fuel Development and Promotion), Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), Marcel Tijhuis, Senior Project Manager Business Development, Gasunie, Jan Tellkamp, Business Development LeaderEurope Downstream LNG, DNV GL
What have been the drivers for developing LNG bunker infrastructure at ports?
- Why is the infrastructure so different from port to port?
- Would greater standardisation encourage the development of LNG bunker infrastructure? How is standardisation being sought?
- Where are the challenging areas in the business case for ports preparing to invest in LNG?
- What are the finance and funding options available to ports looking develop LNG infrastructure?
- How does a port decide whether it will adopt shore-to-ship or ship-to-ship bunkering?
- What parties need to be coordinated to establish LNG bunkering and how do you go about this? What are the challenges?
MOVING TO FUTURE/ADVANCED FUELS/HYBRID SOLUTIONS
Invited panellists: Gerd Wursig, DNV GL, Joacim Westerlund, Technical Manager, Viking Line, Tom Strang, Carnival Corporation, Timo Särkkä, Project Engineer, Deltamarin, Mathias Jansson, Business Unit Manager – Fuel Gas Handling, Wartsila
- What are the most viable alternative/low-flashpoint fuels over the next decade or so?
- What are the relative merits of these alternatives? Assuming all become available, are any better than others for particular vessels/trades?
- What are the major obstacles for ship operators turning to these solutions?
- How does the regulatory framework need to change to enable these fuels to be used?
- How will these alternative fuels will change the way ships are built and powered?
- How important is the development of energy storage to the uptake of alternative fuels?
Delegate will benefit from two nights’ accommodation on board the Viking Mariella, two breakfasts, three lunches and two dinners, when joining the Conference.
Places at the Conference will be limited so delegates are advised to book early to guarantee their place. The early bird rate is currently available – book now to save nearly €400!
Shipowners qualify for special rates.
For further details contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the event on Twitter @GFShip.