The provisional programme for Propulsion & Future Fuels 2019 is out now! The conference will take place at the Sofitel Alter Wall Hotel in Hamburg, Germany, from 19-21 November.
This year’s programme features a number of future fuel showcase sessions featuring alternative and low flashpoint fuels such as LNG, ammonia, hydrogen, batteries, methanol and more. There will be a focus on zero emissions, with particular emphasis on the transition period and the fuels which will facilitate it.
View the programme here!
Session titles on this year’s programme include:
- Cutting carbon, cutting cost to meet the 2050 deadline: Shipowners tackle emissions reduction
- Future fuel showcase: Hydrogen
- Legislation vs longevity –uptake of scrubbers, ULSFOs and LNG
- Innovative project showcase
- Future fuel showcase: LNG
- Future fuel showcase: Ammonia
- Powering shipping with alternative fuels
- Electrification solutions: Batteries and hybridisation
Carlo Raucci of UMAS will kick off the start of the conference presenting Zero-Emission Vessels Transition Pathways study as his keynote address, which will explain what the transition will look like and how we make it happen.
A panel of shipowners tackling the topic of emissions reduction and discussing their current and future fleet will follow the keynote session and delegates will be invited to join the discussion moderated by the conference chairmen Lars Robert Pedersen, Deputy Secretary General, BIMCO & Martin Kröger, Managing Director, German Shipowners’ Association – VDR.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Olav Hansen, Senior Principal Consultant Lloyd’s Register
- Poul Woodall, Director - Environment & Sustainability, DFDS
- Michael Green, Global Technical Manager, Intertek ShipCare
- Rolf Stiefel, Vice President Sales, WinGD
- Christian Hoepfner, Managing Director, Wessels Marine GmbH
- Kjeld Aabo, MAN ES
- Christos Chryssakis, Business Development Manager, DNV GL
- Paul Flaherty, Director, Fleet and Technical Operations, Navigator Gas
Click here to view the provisional programme online.
On day three, delegates are invited to join us for the Technical Visit where experts will be on hand to answer questions. Places on the visit are limited, so early booking is advised.
There is less than one month left to book your place using the 20% early bird discount, so book today to save nearly €400 on delegate places including attendance of networking events, a packed programme and full conference documentation in electronic format.
Simply visit our website and enter code early at the checkout or call the Events team on +44 1329 825335.